During the next step of revising my research project I will have to:
- Find and use sources that deal with the history of mental illness.
- Somewhat revise thesis to be clearer and include the idea of illusion within the illusion of a play.
- Go over draft to make sure certain incorrect claims are not made (such as O’Neill and Albee being contemporary). Instead, perhaps specify that they are both twentieth century playwrights.
- Include critiques of mirror neurons research and what they mean.
- Include a paragraph that introduces the plays and what each play does with mental illness.
- Read over the draft with the idea in mind of clarifying any statement that reads as vague or is generalizing. Make specific claims based on sources.
- Find a good quote for the beginning of my introduction.
I’m sure there are more things that I need to add to this list. I’m saving it to a word document that I will be adding to and will be able to change so if anyone has anything they think I should add, please feel free to let me know! As always, thanks so much to my group mates and Professor Tougaw for all their help and support!